Originally released for the PlayStation Network, Rochard seems to have elements of Portal, the Xbox Live Arcade game Shadow Complex, and the iOS game Space Miner (all of which are great). The game is in 2.5D, in that the environment is 3D, but you can only move in 2D space. The story concerns astro-miner John Rochard's efforts to keep his crew alive (and employed) as their base becomes overrun with malfunctioning machinery and space bandits.
OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
Processor: Intel Mac
Memory: 1GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
Video Card: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 256 MB shared or dedicated RAM (ATI or NVIDIA)
The game requires minimum of 256MB video memory to run smoothly. Please check the amount of video memory by running ‘System Information’ (Graphics/Displays:VRAM).
Specifically, the game does NOT run properly on these configurations:
– iMac: 2006 (Intel GMA or ATI Radeon X1600 128MB or NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 128MB)*
– iMac: 2007-2008 (ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128MB)*
– Mac Mini: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
– Mac Mini: early 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 128MB)*
– Macbook: 2006-2008 (Intel GMA)
– Macbook Air: early 2008 (Intel GMA)
– Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 128MB)*
– Macbook Pro: 2007 (NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128MB)*
Performance may be low on these configurations (switch to the lowest possible resolution from the game options):
– iMac: 2006 (ATI Radeon X1600 256MB)
– Mac Mini: 2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
– Macbook: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
– Macbook Air: late 2008-2009 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
– Macbook Pro: 2006 (ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB)
– Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (13″ models MB990/MB991 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)
– Macbook Pro: mid 2009 (Low-end 15″ model MC118 with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB)**
*) Please note that 256MB configurations of these models exist
**) Please note that most 15″ Macbook Pro models with GeForce 9400M also have faster GeForce 9600M GT with dedicated video memory
– Customizable keyboard and two-button mouse controls. Use of Trackpad not recommended (except for ninjas).
– Wireless PS3 controller (OS X built-in driver; Pair as a Bluetooth device using USB cable)
– Logitech controllers (OS X built-in driver)
– Wired Xbox360 controller (with Tattiebogle Mac OS X driver)
Save location (Mac App Store version): ~/Library/Preferences/com.recoilgames.rochard.plist. Save location (Steam version): Steam cloud Last updated · Version last tested: 1.1 · Mac OS last tested: 10.8