How to Extract games from gog.com
Unfortunately the Gog.com installer currently only works on Windows. There are however a couple of ways to get the game data files for use with Mac-based emulators, which we’ll cover below.
The freely available WineBottler is probably the simplest way to extract game files from the Gog installer:
- Download, install and run WineBottler
- Double-click the Gog.com installer (it should now have the WineBottler icon)
- Choose “Convert ro simple OS X Application bundle with WineBottler.” and click “Go”
- Click “Install”
- Give it a name (for example “Gog installer”) and save the prefix file somewhere easy to find (for example on your desktop)
- The Gog installer will now run. Accept the EULA and click “Start installation”. When it’s done, click “Exit installer”
- WineBottler will prompt you for a startfile. It doesn’t matter what you choose, just click OK.
- Find the application you just created (in our example, the Gog installer.app file on the desktop
- Right-click and choose “Show Package Contents”
- Browse to Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com and here you will find the extracted game files
When installing it says..”access violation at adress 426D0CF9 in module gdiplus.dll? Read of adress. 00214194″
Ninja Foodstuff says:
which game are you trying to extract?